- NG Firewall
- Solutions by Industry
- Solutions by Issue
As Halloween gets closer, our minds drift to the scary stories, creepy creatures and tasty treats that October brings. But as IT professionals, your workplace horror stories can be downright terrifying, funny or just plain ridiculous. In honor of Cyber Security Awareness Month, we want to bring to light the crazy network security or general IT horrors you have encountered in your career.
Through October, we invite you to share your tales with us and our community as part of Untangle’s The Horrors of IT: Share Your Story Contest!
Starting October 3, submit your story through the Untangle Forums and enter in for a chance to win prizes including an Amazon.com gift card and a 1-year subscription to NG Firewall for home use!
Qualifying entries will be defined as relevant IT stories submitted by IT professionals to the Untangle Forums by persons who have created an account. Stories must be between 50 and 500 words.
Grand prize winner will receive a 1-year subscription to NG Firewall for home use. 3 runners-up will each receive a $10 Amazon.com gift card. Winners will be selected on October 31, 2016.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited. Must be 18 to enter and not an Untangle or Untangle affiliate employee or family member of such employee. Contest runs October 3 through October 30, 2016. Must have an Untangle Forums account to enter. Official sweepstakes rules available at: www.untangle.com.
Official Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions
Only IT Professionals Eligible to Win.
1. Eligibility: “The Horrors of IT: Share Your Story Contest” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open globally to those who are 18 years of age or older on the date the sweepstakes begins and who have an Untangle Forums account. Employees of Untangle, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), their respective affiliates and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the sweepstakes. The sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Multiple entries are allowed. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited. Only IT Professionals are eligible to win. An eligible sweepstakes entry consists of an entry to the Horrors of IT: Share Your Story thread. In order to be eligible to win, you must have an Untangle Forums account. No other method of entry will be accepted besides Untangle Forums.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Untangle, Inc., as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted starting October 3, 2016 and ending October 30, 2016. All online entries must be received by October 30, 2016 12:00 PM PST. Winners will be selected on October 31, 2016.
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this Sweepstakes site. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Untangle, Inc. You may enter once per Untangle Forums account, and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Untangle, Inc. A purchase does not increase the chances of winning. The Sweepstakes will have 1 drawing, during which time all entries must be received. All relevant times are pursuant to Pacific Time.
During the sweepstakes, contestants may go to the Untangle Forums page, https://forums.untangle.com/ and follow these steps:
The “Horror of IT: Share Your Story Contest” thread will go live on the Untangle Forums Announcements page, https://forums.untangle.com/announcements/, on October 3, 2016 at 8 AM PT.
Qualifying entries will be defined as relevant IT stories submitted by IT professionals to the Untangle Forums by persons who have created an account. Stories must be between 50 and 500 words. The determination of the validity of any entry will be in the sole discretion of the sweepstakes sponsor.
5. Prizes: Winners will be selected at random on October 31, 2016 from qualifying entries and will receive the following prizes: Grand prize, 1-year Home Subscription of NG Firewall ($50.00 ARV); 1st place, $10 Amazon.com Gift Card ($10 ARV); 2nd place, $10 Amazon.com Gift Card ($10 ARV); and 3rd place, $10 Amazon.com Gift Card ($10 ARV).
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted, except at Sponsor’s discretion. The awarding of the prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes or import duties shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for delays in prize delivery beyond its control. All other expenses and items not specifically mentioned in these Official Rules are not included and are the prize winners’ sole responsibility.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with within five (5) days following the winner selection. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the coordinators, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Each winner will be notified via email address provided on the Untangle Forums account when registered. Prizes will only be awarded and delivered to the email addresses provided. Winners must permit Untangle to publicize them as a winner. Untangle, Inc. shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 4 days from the time award notification was sent, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. All Amazon.com gift card terms and conditions apply to the use of the prizes, and are incorporated herein by reference. Winners must reside in Amazon.com eligible shipping countries.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest, you understand that Untangle, Inc., anyone acting on behalf of Untangle, Inc., or its respective successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and each winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Untangle, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the sweepstakes. In such case, Untangle, Inc. may select an alternate winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Untangle, Inc. Untangle, Inc. reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Untangle, Inc. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same Untangle Forums account during the sweepstakes; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Untangle, Inc. reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Sweepstakes Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release, and hold harmless, Untangle, Inc. and its affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility any Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the sweepstakes; (v) electronic or human error that may occur in the administration of the sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Judgment is Final. The judge of this sweepstakes is the Sponsor, and all judgments rendered by the judge with respect to this sweepstakes are final.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Untangle, Inc., 100 W. San Fernando Street, Suite 565, San Jose, CA 95113, USA. Requests must be received no later than August 5, 2016.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the sweepstakes is Untangle, Inc.,100 W. San Fernando Street, Suite 565, San Jose, CA 95113, USA.