The Internet is a revolutionary tool to enhance student learning, but with power comes responsibility. Schools must ensure the safety and productivity of students and staff wherever their online inquiries may take them.
Untangle is an administrator’s best friend when it comes to ensuring compliance with IT use policy. We’re there to help you with:
- Keeping inappropriate content out of the classroom and computer lab
- Creating a safe learning environment
- Achieving CIPA compliance
- Qualifying for E-Rate funding
- Protecting computers from spyware, viruses, and other malware
Our Education Standard and Education Premium Packages make the grade with:
- Dynamic Web Filter – Filter websites by critical categories for CIPA such as Pornography, Illegal Drugs, Dating, and Hate and Aggression, as well as manage access to web mail, shopping, proxies, and other sites.
- Control Instant Messenger and other P2P applications – Port-hopping applications such as instant messenger and bit torrent can bypass standard firewall rules, consume network traffic, introduce malware, and open a door for child predators. Untangle allows you to control these applications and set reasonable restrictions for your network.
- Block Viruses, Spyware, Spam, Phish, and Other Malware – Untangle scans all traffic including http and ftp for viruses, worms, spyware, phishing, and other threats to protect your network and the personal information of your students.
- Monitoring - Untangle Reports lets you see who’s doing what on your network, including reporting by active directory user name. This lets you monitor for violations of your acceptable use policy and identify suspect behavior.
- Policy Management – Create an unlimited number of web usage policies based on user and/or time of day, including rules appropriate for teacher, staff, and students as well as different age groups.
Need more info? Watch a webinar about Untangle’s solutions for Education.
Complete Protection at a Great Price
Appliances also have a special discount for Education. Save 20% off the uSeries Standard or Premium u150 or u500 appliances and mSeries Standard or Premium m1500 or m3000 appliances. Please note, all Education transactions are subject to review to ensure that the purchasing party is a qualifying institution.