The Internet is a revolutionary tool to enhance student learning, but with power comes responsibility. Schools must ensure the safety and productivity of students and staff wherever their online inquiries may take them. Untangle’s NG Firewall is an administrator’s best friend when it comes to ensuring compliance with IT use policy.
We’re here to help you with:
Our Education Complete Package make the grade with:
- Dynamic Web Filter – Filter websites by critical categories for CIPA such as Pornography, Illegal Drugs, Dating, and Hate and Aggression, as well as manage access to web mail, shopping, proxies, and other sites.
- Control Instant Messenger and other P2P applications – Port-hopping applications such as instant messenger and bit torrent can bypass standard firewall rules, consume network traffic, introduce malware, and open a door for child predators. Untangle allows you to control these applications and set reasonable restrictions for your network.
- Block Viruses, Spyware, Spam, Phish, and Other Malware – NG firewall scans all traffic including http and ftp for viruses, worms, spyware, phishing, and other threats to protect your network and the personal information of your students.
- Monitoring - NG Firewall Reports lets you see who’s doing what on your network, including reporting by active directory user name. This lets you monitor for violations of your acceptable use policy and identify suspect behavior.
- Policy Management – Create an unlimited number of web usage policies based on user and/or time of day, including rules appropriate for teacher, staff, and students as well as different age groups.
Need more info? Watch a webinar about Untangle’s NG Firewall for Education.
Complete Protection at a Great Price
NG Firewall Software
With a package discount of up to 60% off list price for Software-Only products, our Education Complete Package will move you to the head of the class.
NG Firewall Hardware
NG Firewall Appliances also have a special discount for Education. Save 20% off the uSeries Education Complete u150 or u500 appliances and mSeries Education Complete m1500 or m3000 appliances. Please note, all Education transactions are subject to review to ensure that the purchasing party is a qualifying institution.